May 14, 2012

Here's a light beverage.

In highschool, I didn't have a lot of confidence, and it didn't help being younger than everyone else in my grade...  I tried too hard to fit in with the wrong people.

I thought I could fake my way into being happy.  I hate to admit it, but I ditched my real friends for a bunch of kids who didn't care much for me. - That's why I felt so alone and conflicted all the time.  I was constantly trying to get these cool kids to accept me, and it showed.

When I started college, I was shy and scared.  I felt like I'd still never find anyone who'd accept my genuine difference in culture and personality.

I remember sitting alone in the same spot every day and wishing I'd just disappear, but eventually, people started including me in their conversations.  I wasn't afraid to be myself anymore, and things just started to fall in place.  Now I have so many good people in my life, and I couldn't ask for anything better!

Which goes to say, life is a battle! - ESPECIALLY when you're in your teens.  I'm not proud of who I was trying to be, but I would never want to go back and do anything different.  If I had, I would have never experienced and learned how to find myself and become a better person.

There are so many good people out there!  We'll never be perfect, and we might not be happy all the time, but if we learn to accept and love ourselves as we are, we will be more content and loving to ourselves and everyone around us.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment