July 30, 2014

2014.7.21 Tanzi What can I say more?


Last week was amazing! Sister Ko and I saw so many miracles especially since our short-time missionary was so willing to do the work with us. Sister Ko and I are still getting along so well. We are happy and are determined to continue striving for exact obedience and blessings. 

One of the major goals that we set this week was to find new, prepared investigators. Last night as we were talking, we realized how important it is to be finding those who are ready to hear and act upon this gospel message. Sister Ko and I are working hard, and we know that we can trust in the Lord entirely. Although some of the blessings cannot be seen yet, we have faith and are continually praying so that the Lord can bless us with the companionship of the Holy Ghost.

This coming Sunday, we have planned a father's day FHE with our ward. We are excited because this will allow many members and investigators to invite their friends to come in contact with the church!

I know that Heavenly Father is there. He answers my prayers, and He knows each and every one of us perfectly. Even when problems arise, I am at peace knowing that I have done my part and that God will take care of me. I love this quote from "Jesus the Christ": Prayer is not compounded of words, words that may fail to express what one desires to say...words that may have no deeper source than the physical organized speech, words that may be spoken to impress mortal ears...Prayer is made up of heart throbs and the righteous yearnings of the soul, of supplication based on the realization of need, of contrition, and pure desire."


Anyway, here's a really cool quote that I ran into during person studies this week:

"In times of distress, let your covenants be paramount and let your obedience be exact.  Then you can ask in faith, nothing wavering, according to your need, and God will answer.  He will sustain you as you work and watch.  In His own time and way He will stretch forth His hand to you, saying, 'Here am I.'"
I am so grateful to the Lord, especially right now as He has blessed me with such an amazing, strong, and faithful companion who supports me and helps me make the best decisions! Last night, when we didn't know what to do tonight after P-Day is over, we decided to get on our knees again and ask God where He needed us to be. 

Even though the spiritual promptings that we receive aren't always the strongest, we are always blessed with answers that DO come when we need them.  Sister Ko and I are looking for new investigators... As a missionary, you are ALWAYS looking for new investigators, and as we were pondering upon all the things that we could change or do better, we decided that we want to be more and more obedient every day!

We know that as long as we are doing our parts and as long as we are being obedient and faithful to the Lord and His commandments/mission rules, we can be successful missionaries.

Something that I learned from reading Jacob 5 during personal study was that in order to be successful as a servant in the Lord's vineyard, we must be diligent and watchful.  We must throw away the bad fruit at the same rate as the good fruit comes in.  We must allow the roots to be as strong as the branches.  The branches can't overcome the roots, and the roots in the same way must not overgrow the branches.

In our missionary work, we must always be looking and striving for the right balance.  Life in general is a struggle for just the right balance.  We are blessed with this gospel that allows us to find the right sources and just the right peace!

Right now, Sister Ko and I have two really golden investigators.  They are a brother and sister who live here in Tanzi.  It was really great because this last week, they went to the Morphis family musical fireside with us and our recent convert You Jiemei who is super awesome.  We were able to talk to the siblings about their baptismal date, but it's really hard for them because their family runs a breakfast shop, and they aren't able to come to sacrament meeting on Sunday.

Their desire to be baptized is so great, and they want so  badly for their parents to also learn about this gospel.  The other day, we went over to the house, and when we started bearing our testimonies about Christ and His work, they started crying.  The only thing in the way of them getting baptized is their FAITH.  We know that when they decide to completely trust in the Lord by keeping His commandments and coming to church on Sundays, putting aside work, they will be blessed ten fold!!

It just made me realize how hard Satan tries to prevent us from making the most sacred covenants and receiving the riches blessings in our lives. He uses work, the world, and countless other influences to try and bring us down.

It's when we're closest to obtaining our goal and making the best decisions that Satan decides to jump in the picture.

I know that that is why we have to build our testimonies and obey with exactness!!! God will bless us when we keep His commandments. Here's something cool from a liahona talk:

HOW TO SUCCEED IN LIFE:

1. Establish principles to guide your life
2. Don't make exceptions to your standards.
3. Be loyal
4. Live so that the Lord can guide you.
5. Serve others
6. Smile
7. Don't complain.
8. Always have a church assignment
9. Worship in the temple.
10. Follow the Savior's example.

What can I say more?! ... SO GOOD.

Well, I love this work so much. I am filled with so much gratitude and love towards the Savior and to my Heavenly Father.

I know that He loves each and everyone of us with the most perfect, eternal love in the world!!!

I love each and every one of you too!!!

Love,
Sister Verina Chen

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and experiences. Reading your words inspires me to become my best. They also remind me of how much more I can and should do to contribute to my spiritual progress.

    Nowadays it's quite easy to get distracted or detracted by various things, but I believe that by listening and acting on the Spirit's promptings, we're able to use our limited time and energy in the most productive and righteous way, making the choices that will lead us towards becoming our highest potential.

    ReplyDelete