July 30, 2014

2014.7.14 Tanzi Powerpuff Girls


This week was AMAZING.  This is how I feel: "And it came to pass that there was no contention in the land, because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people..... and surely there could not be a happier people among all the people who had been created by the hand of God." (4 Nephi)

This week, Sister Ko and I have a short time missionary serving with us for a week!! We met her on Saturday, and since then, we have been the happiest companionship in the world!! And why?!?! - Because our hearts really ARE filled with the love of God.

AAAHHH!!

I just can't describe HOW HAPPY I've been this last move call. God has totally set me up to have the best last transfer EVER. You know how I've been saying that my companions just keep getting better and better?! - Well, I'm going to say it again.

MY COMPANIONS JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER AND BETTER. Seriously though.

Sister Ko, Sister Lu (our cute short-time missionary) and I feel like we were really great friends in the pre-existence. It's been amazing just recognizing how many similarities we have, and our personalities just CLICK. We get the same sense of humor, the same spiritual promptings, EVERYTHING! I have really just been blessed with the PERFECT MOVE CALL. EVERYTHING is perfect: My companions, our apartment, my bike, our area, our ward, our investigators, our opportunities, etc.

Most of all, I think my understanding of the Atonement has grown so much recently. Maybe that's what's REALLY has changed: my perspective and understanding of Christ's atonement and the idea of "perfection".

At the end of last move call, I was struggling to understand how I was to be perfect if I had so many weaknesses. I had been praying and praying, and I didn't know if God would hear me, but last week, I found my answer. God DOES hear our prayers. He DOES listen.

In this month's July Liahona, there is a talk about "Becoming perfect in Christ" by Elder Gerrit W. Gong. JUST GO READ IT. When I read this article, every single line and paragraph were exactly what I needed to hear. I recognized that we become perfect in Christ by first understanding His Atonement and understanding what it actually means to be perfect. Being perfect takes a natural process of time and patience. We are not meant to be perfect now. That is impossible. However, we can achieve perfection after an eternal progression of this life, as we enter the Spirit World, and then are resurrected.

This morning, I read an awesome paragraph from "Jesus the Christ": "For the Father is kind, long-suffering and tolerant, causing His sun to shine on the evil and on the good, and sending rain for the sustenance of both just and unjust."

I know that Heavenly Father is perfect, and by being kind, long-suffering, and tolerant, full of mercy and love, we can be perfect too.

THAT is why I have been so obsessed with the beattitudes (Christ's sermon on the mount):

-Poor in Spirit (made rich as rightful heirs to the kingdom of heaven)
-Mourner (comforted as he sees the divine purpose in his grief-shall associate again with his loved ones of whom he has been bereft)
-Meek (inherit the earth)
-Hunger and thirst for truth (be fed in rich abundance)

MY FAVORITE: THEY THAT SHOW MERCY SHALL BE JUDGED MERCIFULLY

-Pure in heart (admitted to the presence of God)
-Peacemakers (try to save themselves and their friends from strife - numbered among the children of God)
-Suffer persecution for the sake of righteousness (inherit riches of the eternal kingdom)

I love God.  God loves us.  HE IS LOVE.

Oh, and to explain the title:  Sister Ko, Sister Lu, and I feel like the powerpuff girls.  We're saving Tanzi with the GOSPEL.

haha

Anyway, this last weekend was the baptism and confirmation of You Xing Yi!! :)  It has been such an amazing experience just being where I am.  Two transfers ago, I biked into her at a red light in Dakeng.  I referred her to the Tanzi sisters because that's where she resides, not knowing that she would be baptized this weekend, and that I would be able to be serving in her ward when she did get baptized!!

God is merciful and kind.  I am humbled to know that I am His tool.  

I heard from Sister Packard the other day that our investigator Zeng Gui Xiang passed her baptismal interview.  She is getting baptized this Saturday.  I might be able to get permission to go to Dakeng that night to attend her baptism.

SO MANY MIRACLES.  There's no way I can list them all, but I hope you all got a little feel of what I'm feeling.

I'm changing, and I'm happy because I trust God with my life!!!! 

Love,

Sister Verina Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment