July 24, 2013

7/8/2013


Hello!!! NI HAO!!!!

Alright!! First, drumrooolllll.... Shoutout time!!!! (YEAAAAAAAAAA- The crowd goes wild!!!)

Thank you to MARY EVANS for the email this week!!! YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL, and I hope you're reading this!

Ok.  This week was carazy!

Sister Lai's dad passed away, and she unexpectedly had to go home.  It was a good thing we had a short-time missionary with us that week because she left, and I was still able to have a companion.

To make the long story short, I became senior companion and will be until Sister Lai comes back on Wednesday night! I've already have two short-time missionaries be my companions, and this week, I will have one more before Sister Lai comes back!

Anyway, taking over the area has been wonderful.  I have learned to trust in God and thank Him every day for all that He has already given me and still hasn't given me yet.  I know that our time here on Earth is limited, but we must live each moment to its fullest.

Miracles:

-We had a short-time missionary last week, so when Sister Lai had to go home, I had a companion.
-When the short-time missionary had to leave, I was able to find another!
-I've been able to get around/find places here in Zuoying without my trainer, and I've been learning LOADS.

Today we are making crepes with some members, less-actives, and people we met on the street.  :)  Then, we are visiting Chen Mama and I get to play violin for her on her porch. YAY! Then, we have two appointments with two less-active members at night.

Everyday, I learn so much. 

I've recently learned how important agency is.  Our actions don't just influence our own lives.  They influence all the lives of those we associate with!  So, act wisely!!

"BE WISE. WHAT MORE CAN I SAY?" - That's a scripture, I promise.  I just don't know where at the top of my head.

Also, here's a wonderful scripture of comfort and joy:

D&C 98:1-4

1. Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not,let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything GIVE THANKS;
2. Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament--the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
3. Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled;l and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name's glory, saith the Lord.
4. And now, verily I say unto you concerning the laws of the land, it is my will that my people should observe to do all things whatsoever I command them.

WHEW!! I LOVE that scripture. 

Alright, I know that this life is full of hardship, heartache, and tribulations, but it's also full of undescribable love, happiness, and charity!!  This week, we sung "Because I Have Been Given Much".  Before, I didn't realize how true and meaningful this hymn is.  Now, I know why giving and serving the Lord is so important.  He has already blessed us with so much, and the least we can do is serve Him and love/serve others.

So, here's my invitation to YOU:

This week, thank God every day for at least 10 things.  There's so much for us to be grateful for, and I know that when we are grateful, we are happy.  Our eyes are opened, and all we want to do is forgive, serve, and love others. 

This week, do all you can to stop negative judgement.  Don't judge based on the exterior.  Look on the heart, and treat everyone like God would treat them.  Treat them like you would like to be treated.

Yesterday, we came across a beggar.  Everyone just walked past her, but I had a feeling to stop and talk to her and just share the gospel with her.  As missionaries, we are to invite others to come unto Christ.  When I saw this woman, I couldn't help but think of what Christ would do. He would be her friend and tell her she is of great worth and value. Today, we are surrounded by so many people who are afraid and ignore the beggars and the homeless.  I have to remind myself each day that we are all of great woth and value.  So, I stopped and talked with her and told her she was a daughter of God.  I don't know her background and history.  I don't know what she's gone through, but I know that everyone deserves a chance to be a part of this gospel.  I know that everyone should be give the chance to come unto Christ, so as I talked with her, I gave her the opportunity to change her life! Although I will never know how she felt and what she  will do with what we shared, I am grateful to God for her humility and willingness to just listen.

That was another miracle, by the way!  She could only speak Taiwanese!! I normally don't understand any Taiwanese at all, but in that moment, I was able to understand everything she said, and she understood everything I said.  

Don't you love the gospel?! I KNOW this church is true, and I am so happy that I am on my mission right now.  

I love you all!! Keep your heads up, and sing!!

Love,
Sister Verina Chen 

PS Sorry no pictures!! I'll try sending some next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment