July 24, 2013

7/15/2013


Dear Family and Friends!

This week was wonderful! I'll start out by introducing my awesome DUANCHUAN (Short-time missionary).  Her name is Sister Tsai!! She is SO CUTE and so cool! She's turning 21 this year, is from Sister Lai's home ward in Tainan, and she's a convert, the only member in her family! Anyway, she came at the perfect time because Sister Lai had go home again to do a ceremony for her Dad, so we took over Zuoying together and totally rocked!

This week, we contacted 200 people on the street! YEAH! We keep setting higher and higher goals so that we can really push ourselves to become the best we can be! The really awesome thing about Sister Tsai is that she loves the same music I do.  The first day together, we didn't really have time to get to know one another, but on the second, we got talking about music, and we found out that we both LOVE listening to Andrew Bird!!!  He's an awesome folk/indie feel artist! Anyway, not a lot of people know about him, so it was super refreshing to find someone with the same taste in music. 

Which reminds me: VICKY and JON JON, if you have time or want to check out some different sounds, look up Andrew Bird, Priscilla Ahn, A Fine Frenzy, Bon Iver, Animal Collective, Oren Lavie, Beirut, Coeur De Pirate.  They all have really unique sounds.  I can't remember all of what I listened to before the mission, but those are some of the bands/artists that I remember.

Our personalities are really similar as well!! We both like laughing and smiling a lot.  She has wonderful ideas and loves handing paper cranes out to everyone on the street!  I LOVE SISTER TSAI!  She's going to be with us for 28 days, so basically until the end of the transfer.

Anyway, back to this week's report: We now have TWO investigators on date for August 3rd!  We are working really hard with them to help them reach their goal and be welcomed into the ward.  We worked really hard this week on finding new investigators and contacted alot! I've realized how important it is to be ourselves!  People love you for who you are, and I've realized that we are all important and unique to the work. 

Yesterday, Chen Mama let me take her violin to go contacting!  She loves us missionaries so much, and because I'm the only missionary that can play the violin for her, she really wants me to take it back to America.  Every time, she begs me to take it home! I need to pray about it, but I really hope that future missionaries will be able to play it for her as well!!  It's a huge gift!  Anyway, we went contacting, and I played hymns by the MRT/night market.  We  gave out a lot of English class handouts and had two lessons on the street.  It was really fun and interesting to use a different way to contact people on the street!

Well, I hope everyone is doing well, and I'm sorry my email this week is a little boring.  haha I have a wonderful gift for Mom and will be shipping it this week.  :) I hope it gets to you all very soon!

Alright, remember God loves you! Time is going by too fast! I'm learning and finding myself more and more everyday, and I'm happy to see the change!

I love you all so much, and I know this church is true.  I know that you all can find that it is true as well!! Remember that God knows you and knows what you need.  In everything you do, have a good attitude, be grateful, and always look for opportunities to serve.  I am so touched by the sacrifice and selfless actions of people past and present.   I love God! I love life! I love my family! I love you!

JIAYOU!

Love,
Sister Verina Chen







No comments:

Post a Comment