March 16, 2013

MTC - 3/15/13


HI FAMILY AND FRIENDS!


Another week has gone by! Can you believe it?
  
This week was so FUN.  My companions and roommates are pretty much the BEST.  We have companionship inventory at least three times a day!! That's where we discuss how we can improve our companionship, but we always start out by saying how much we love one another.  It's the best.  Last night, we had a heart-to-heart inventory with all my roommates: Sis. Astorga (Guatemala, convert), Sis. Leite (Boston, convert), Sis. Tulande-Vasquez (Spain, convert), Sis. Tsoi (Hong Kong), and Sis. Ting (Malaysia/Australia, convert).  We realized that even though we are all from completely different areas of the world, it's amazing because we have all come together, through the Lord, to serve missions!!! We all started crying because the Spirit was so strong, and we just LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH.  It just goes to show that everything that happens in your life, whether it be good or bad, IS FOR A REASON.  God knows us and wants us to become stronger every day.  Sister Tulande Vasquez is the cutest girl in our room.  She is so timid and petite, and whenever she bears her testimony, she starts to cry.  When she cries, Sister Astorga cries, and when Sister Astorga cries, I start crying, etc. Anyway, last night, Sister Tulande Vasquez told us that before she came to the MTC, she had a dream that she would be living with a group of sisters from Asia and America, so when she met us, she wasn't surprised at all.  The point of me telling this story is to help you taste a little bit of how nothing in the gospel/life is just a coincidence.  Another point I want to emphasize is the blessings of MISSIONARY WORK.  Without missionary work, none of us would have ever met each other.  GAH!!! Maybe I'm just confusing everyone with my "lightbulb moment", but this is just a little taste of the reality and power of MISSIONARY WORK.  With six girls in one room, there is bound to be drama, but let me tell you.  THERE IS NO DRAMA.  Let me repeat.  NO DRAMA.  It's really a blessing because a room with six girls and no drama is just UNHEARD of. 

Sometimes, Sister Tsoi and I start bursting out in laughter during our role plays.  Last night, I acted as an investigator, and Sister ting and Sister Tsoi were the missionaries who were supposed to teach me the first lesson. Sister Tsoi was really really giggly ALL NIGHT, and although I didn't know what she was laughing about, I started laughing uncontrollably as well (LAUGHING IS CONTAGIOUS).  All of my friends know  that when I start laughing, it's hard to stop. Our teacher, Brother Hunsaker (who used to sing in Vocal Point at BYU) was so patient with us.  Don't worry, Mom.  We are usually VERY good and VERY serious. Anyway, on a more spiritual note, I have learned SO MUCH here.  I feel like a different person, and I'm not even in Taiwan yet.  The MTC is like the Celestial Kingdom.  Everyone here is so friendly and wise.  One of my favorite scriptures from this week is ALMA 17:29.  It says that through small and simple things are great things come to pass.  I know that if we have faith in the Lord, He will and does bless us to be stronger than we think we could ever be. 

OK, So time is running out, and I can't upload pictures because I don't have a camera chord.  I have so many more stories to tell you when I have time.  Anyway, Sister Tsoi, Sister Ting, and I are actually staying an additional week because the travel people are still working on our VISAs.  So, We will probably stay another week here at the MTC and then get a call stateside until we can go to Taichung, Taiwan!

OH, and Shoutouts to people I saw this week at the MTC: Sister Brinton, Sister Lloyd, Brother Hadley, SISTER ASHLEY SMITH (since we're both in the accelerated program, we are actually in the same branch and live in the same building, just down the hall from one another.  She looks SO WONDERFUL, and we both can't wait till Amy comes in!! AMY, if you're reading this, I got your package and cute stickers.  YOU ARE THE BEST.  I will write you a letter soon.)  I KNOW I saw more people here, but I can't remember and I don't have time. 

I LOVE YOU ALL!! Keep the faith!

Peace and blessings,

SISTER VERINA CHEN 


No comments:

Post a Comment