March 24, 2013

MTC - 3/21/13


Dear Family and Friends,

Sister Tsoi, Ting, and I transfered districts since we are still waiting for our VISA's.  At first we were a little dissapointed, but now we are really really happy because the Lord has answered all of our prayers.  We are now with a district of Mandarin missionaries that are leaving on Tuesday to go to Taiwan.  Today, we find out where we are going stateside until our visa's come in.  We also might stay longer at the MTC, which sounds like a win/win situation.  The reason why I say that is because the MTC is really like the CELESTIAL KINGDOM.  I see miracles EVERY DAY and feel like crying out of happiness every second.

One of the countless miracles happened literally like 20 min. ago.  This morning, my companions and I decided to go to the temple but were late and missed the 8:00 session.  At the end of our session, we walked back down to the MTC and guess who we ran into?! - SISTER TSOI'S GRANDPARENTS.  If we hadn't missed the 8:00 session or done anything else that we did this morning, we would have never run into them.  This morning, Sister Tsoi, Sister Ting, and I decided to pray and fast for answers and to increase our faith.  Sister Tsoi had been feeling a little discouraged recently, but all her fears and worries went away after she ran into her grandparents. - ALL our fears and worries went away.  When we got back to our residence, we all knelt in a prayer of gratitude for all the blessings and love and MIRACLES that happen everday to us. I feel beyond blessed to be here learning, growing, and loving the gospel.  I couldn't ask for a better, more fulfilling experience in life.

THERE ARE NO REGRETS/CONS FOR GOING ON A MISSION.

Anyway, about our new district:  I am now in Elder Palmer's district! Shout out to Doug if he's reading this.  (They're related!)  I also see Will Vernon all the time since he's a teacher.  He's playing an investigator for my companionship this Friday.  ALSO, SISTER VICKY CHEN, Elder Bogle from your mission is now my teacher.  He said he knows you and that you'd know him?!  haha  Regardless, all the sister missionaries going to Taichung Taiwan are AMAZING, and we all get along SO WELL with each other.

AH! I love the Lord so much.  I don't even know how to express my gratitude and  happiness I have experienced here right now.  I just want all of you to feel what I have felt and am feeling here as a missionary.  The Lord truly loves all of his children.

OK.  So, last Sunday, I played a piano solo "I Believe in Christ" in the 7:00 devotional.  I think there were around 2,000 or more missionaries that were there!  It was such an amazing experience.  Thank you Mom for helping me feel ready to audition for this opportunity! Everyone who meets me says that I'm the "MTC celeb" over here.  hahahaha  Don't worry.  I won't let it get to my head.  I just feel SO GRATEFUL and SO HAPPY that I am using my talents to serve God and share His message from my heart.  I was really worried I wouldn't be able to play much piano over here, but God has allowed me to play ALL the time over here.  The last two Sundays, I was able to arrange/accompany the musical numbers for our sacrament meeting.  Our district became SO STRONG and SO UNIFIED because we worked together on our musical number.

ALSO, shoutout to Spencer Park, Sara Bauman, and Erin Durham who I saw playing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir orchestra last Sunday.  Before relief society every Sunday, the sister missionaries get to watch the broadcast of "Music and the Spoken Word".  It's always such a great experience, and I can ALWAYS feel the Spirit.

Alright, the time is up, EVERYONE, keep praying, have faith, and read the scriptures.  God is REAL. HE DOES answer prayers, He loves us so much, and He blesses families!!!! I KNOW it's true. HALLELUJAH!! :) ^_^
Love you all so much.  Keep the faith!!

Sister Verina Chen

PS Mary Mitton, thank you SO MUCH for the box of cookies.  My companions and I LOVE stuffing our faces.
PPS I received a letter from Bishop Mitton and his counselors.  Can you please tell them how much I appreciate them?! I will try to write them if I have time.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.  Here are some scriptures to read/study sometime this week/Sunday when you have time:
Jacob 3:1
Enos 1:15
3 Nephi 18: 19-21
Moroni 7:48
Moroni 10:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment