August 8, 2013

7/28/2013


Hey cutest family in the world and friends,

I am doing awesome!!  I got to play the piano for zone conference.  It was really funny because when we sung the mission song, I accidentally put the electric piano on organ setting, and it was super loud, so everyone was really surprised.  hahaha.  I had to start over after I stopped and said, "duibuqi..." Everyone chuckled a little at what had happened.

Our mission president Blickenstaff and his wife are amazing.  They are so caring and so worthy. 

This week, I especially appreciated reading Alma 26:12 and Alma 26: 27-31.  They are wonderful scriptures full of many principles and blessings.  I hope that all of you will be able to take some time out of your day to go and read/ponder the meaning of these scriptures!

Also, quick question for all the scientists in the family, AKA everyone: Does cornstarch stay in your body forever and never digest?! - My duanchuan Sister Tsai said that it just sits in your body for the rest of your life, but I'm not quite believing that... ANSWER ME.

haha Ok.  One of the 100000 miracles: Yesterday night, I had the feeling to call one of our widows in our ward.  She is a young mother and her son is being baptized this Saturday along with our star investigator Xu Nuo. (SHE IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!! HALLELUJAH!) Anyway, I called her, and she started crying because she was alone at home and was feeling depressed and sad about her divorce/not having a complete family.  I shared with her a scripture in 2 Ne 31.  The one about pressing forward with steadfastness in Christ, and sund "As Sisters in Zion" for her.  She was so touched and grateful for our call. 

I know that God answers prayers in many ways.  I have learned and prayed so that I can always be worthy of His Spirit so that I can ALWAYS be the answer to someone's prayer in the future. 

Next week is move calls! I am excited and willing to do and go wherever/whatever the Lord needs me to go/do.  I hope everyone at home is doing well.  I am so grateful for all the blessings I have received from this mission and I know that the Lord is changing me to be the person He wants me to be. 

I am especially thankful for His love and for the Atonement.  

Last night, Sister Tsai, Sister Lai, and I promised each other that in the future, we will all find worthy men to take us to the temple to be married for time and eternity.  We then stamped our fingerprints on the paper and signed our names.. hahaha It was so epic. haha :) 

I know that this life is the time to prepare to meet God, and I want more than anything for all of us to return to Him and enjoy the blessings He has in store for the righteous.

I feel like my testimony is stronger than ever, and I want to keep learning and growing to be even stronger as time goes by.

I love you all so dearly, and I hope you feel my love all the way from Taiwan!

Love,
Sister Verina Chen

PS Yesterday, we had a girl come from Virginia with her mom to attend our ward.  I was able to sit with her and translate for her.  It's so much fun to see how God helps my language progress more and more every day.  I am so determined to master this language!!!

Quick shoutout:
  
Sara Bauman! I met Elder Bennett at Zone conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment